Sunday, January 11, 2009

..."What shall I say? A holy and good God has covered us with a dark cloud. O that we may kiss the rod, and lay our hand upon our mouths! The Lord has done it. But my God lives; and He has my heart." -- Sarah Edwards penned these words in a letter to her daughter after the death of her husband, Jonathan.

One year ago today, God chose to take our little one to Himself. We remember, we grieve, but oh may we have that same unwavering trust in the providence of the Almighty.


--------------------------------------------------
Glory baby you slipped away
As fast as we could say baby baby
You were growing what happened dear
You disappeared on us baby baby
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe
Until we're home with you

Sweet little babies it's hard to understand it
'Cause we're hurting we are hurting
But there's healing and we know
We're stronger people through
The growing and in knowing
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes
Just like He said He would

I can't imagine heaven's lullabies
And what they must sound like
But I will rest in the knowing
Heaven is your home
And it's all you'll ever know
Baby baby all you'll ever know

But we miss you ev'ry day
I miss you in ev'ry way
But we know there's a day
When we will hold you
We will hold you
And you'll kiss our tears away
When we're home to stay
I can't wait for the day
When we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
'Til Mom and Dad can hold you oh
You'll just have heaven before we do

No comments: